Friday, April 9, 2010

CT Scan & MRI

Today I had a CT Scan on my neck (lymph-nodes to be exact) and a MRI on my Rt shoulder. Medical technology is pretty cool now-a-days and I actually was treated very well and had a decent time of it.

This is my second MRI in two weeks because the first MRI was for my neck, which found the swollen lymph-nodes and that my neck's vertebra's C5 & C6 have bonded together and lost the squishy stuff between them - so that is why my neck has been hurting me!

Anyway, today's MRI went well. They allow you to keep your clothes on as long as you do not have any metal in your clothing. Then you lie down on a very comfortable pad on a table that rises and then moves you into a tunnel type machine. You're given ear protection (the first MRI I got ear plugs but this time it was a headset with my favorite FM music station playing). Next you hear a loud (muffled with the ear protection) sound like a fog horn and you have to remain still or your picture will have to be retaken. I was told that I did great so no repeat pictures.

Then came the CT Scan... this was another story because they have to inject an iodine solution that causes a warm sensation in your body and a feeling like you just peed in your pants. Of course you don't pee but it is definitely an experience. The bed you lie on is similar to the one for the MRI and it too rises and moves you into a bit of a tighter tunnel.

Then you're done and the waiting game begins. I looked up online what could possibly go wrong with lymph-nodes and there are several problems that can occur in our lymphatic system. My lymph-nodes in my neck are swollen but there is no telling what the cause may be in my case- I'll just have to wait.

I'll keep everyone posted. I sure hope my pictures are able to determine exactly what is going on with my shoulder and lymphs but we'll see.

Forging on...

Rebecca

P.S. Since I have had fibromyalgia just about all of my life I have never had a pain free day that I can remember. Therefore, I am quite content to think that I may be getting some answers with the CT Scan and MRI's for the first time in my life. I'm actually excited about the process so far and am anticipating good things to come for my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment