Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Answers Please!

So I went to see my doc last week and he told me that my vertebra are bone-on-bone at C5 & C6. But my physical therapist told me that she does not think that is true and she thinks I have a bone growing out from my neck that is causing a pinched nerve in my neck. Wellllll, I'm positive that they are both reading the same paperwork yet coming up with totally different assessments so I feel a bit confused - right! So I say to my doc, "It's sort of interesting that my PT gal told me it is not bone-on-bone but rather a pinched nerve from a bone growth." The doc says, "Here it is in writing... I'll show you on the internet - I"m looking it up right now". He shows me the paperwork and then shows me the same description on-line and the definition - it says bone-on-bone. So I tell him I am confused... shouldn't my PT gal know what is wrong with me so she can give me appropriate exercises? He finally told me that the PT gal doesn't know how to interpret the paperwork and what he showed me should be sufficient evidence that he knows what he's talking about. I somehow worked him up into a tizzy and that was disconcerting - just a bit!
Then to top it off I tell my doc that I am having trouble with my left shoulder, my jaw and my lower back. Doc says, "I'm not doing another thing until I get a Complete Well Woman Physical on you!" YIKES!!!!! NOT A COMPLETE PHYSICAL!!!!!

So I go to my Chiropractor yesterday (My middle child did some wild acrobatics and hurt his neck and back and could only lie down or stand up - no sitting - and he couldn't turn his head). So I mentioned to my Chiropractor about my MRI, CT and X-Ray results and what my doc and PT gal told me. Well, my Chiropractor has studied all of this stuff for years because he found that many radiologists were not accurate in reading films etc. and he needed to be accurate for his patients because he is a Chiropractor who believes in taking X-rays first in order to find out what is going on that he might not see without them. He also employs his amazing computer and calculates scientifically just exactly how he is suppose to adjust each patient. Therefore, I trust this guy and we have had only excellent results. My Chiropractor then tells me he wants to see all of my films etc. because he doesn't think either my doc or the PT gal are correct!

Okay! So how's a girl supposed to get well with so much tom-foolery!?

Q & A anyone?

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment