Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bathing Suit Anyone?

I'm SOOOOO not into getting into a bathing suit at this point in the game. Therefore, I was not looking forward to PT in the pool - absolutely not! I did however go to the thrift shop the other day and I found a bathing suit and shorts that would work (if you can say that). Anyway, I got to the pool on time this time but the instructor was late and every second she didn't show I was getting more and more excited at the possibility that I might not have to get into that pool. So, there I sat in my bathing suit, shorts and fuzzy slippers. Fortunately, the pool water was 86 degrees because sure enough my PT instructor, Laurie, showed up.

Well, somehow Laurie convinced me to get into the pool and wouldn't you know it she did every exercise with me and we chatted and laughed and had a wonderful time. Laurie also made me teary-eyed when she told me, "You need to take some time for you now. Your kids are all old enough and you need to take care of you." I guess it scares me a little to focus on me because I really don't know how to do that - yet - but I have finally gotten to the place where I am committed to learn and grow in this area of my life!

Through all of this there was one thing that kinda surprised me. When I looked in the mirror expecting to see I was pear-shaped the reality is I am actually shaped like a ball - a very big ball with a small head and four limbs - um, okay?

Laurie suggested Weight Watchers... I'll check it out this Saturday and I'll keep you posted.

Love always,

Bouncing Becky

1 comment:

  1. I see real progress of love. Love others as you love yourself. You can see the person in the mirror. Good job!

    ms

    ReplyDelete