Friday, April 23, 2010

Isn't Life One Adventure After Another?

So, this last Wednesday a friend called to let me know she had a check for me. She had purchased some Shaklee products from me and we decided to meet out by the grocery store, so I could do a little shopping after our meet-up. While getting some groceries I saw a guy I hadn't seen for years. It was Scott and we talked a bunch and before I knew it I was going to be late to pick up my youngest! So I didn't have time to check out and off I rushed hoping I could come back in a bit to retrieve my groceries. As I'm leaving the parking lot I hear a repeated thud-a-thunk, thud-a-thunk and I know this sound only too well. See, up to this point I have had at least five flat tires within a years time. So, there is that familiar sound again and I get out on the road in a panic that I will not be able to ever see my child again and I'm still driving and praying and then I snap into reality and pull the car off to the side of the road. I get out of my car but I'm not sure if I should hitch hike or just look stranded and wave people down so I did both intermittently - first I'd stick out my thumb and then I'd start waving with both arms and then stick out my thumb and then tried to look as desperate as possible and wave again. One 'sport' stopped only to tell me he was on his lunch break and would not be able to help me- go figure. Then within about five minutes God sent me Bonny the Angel!! She and her four kids were awesome! There was only room for five people in her car so she kicked her two boys out of the car and let me in and we took off to get my youngest. Phew! All was well and Bonny took my son and me to the tire store, back to my car and back to the tire store again all the while letting me use her phone to call for a tow. Of course I have a towing package since I obviously drive till my tires pop! Love my insurance people and the tow guys are great too!

So, there we were, Stephen and me, waiting at the tire store for my oldest son to bring the tires I had from home that I thought were a steal of a deal. I had traded my old van for four tires from the Junk Yard a few weeks back and I was excited to be able to use these tires! So, Stephen and I waited for my eldest as we sat eating some pretty good popcorn.

It seemed we were waiting a long time so I called my wonderful, biggest son only to find out that he had come to the tire store, asked one of the employees if my car was there, they said "no", so "wonderful son" left and went back home!!!!! Okay, so I really can't say anything only because I am a space-case too and it really isn't his fault - it's hereditary...

Wouldn't you know... the tires didn't fit my car anyway and the tire guy told me that these Junk Yard tires were over nine years old, so he would not put them on my car! What a bummer - I've been ripped off! I ended up paying $111 for two used tires that are larger than the other tires on my car. So it feels kinda funny riding with taller tires in the back than in the front. Good thing I don't have all wheel drive or ABS - well maybe...

Life's an adventure!

Rollin' Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment