Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Doctor's Visit and My Resolve

Okay, I have come home with a list of things my doc has in store for me:
1) Harbor View visit for fibromyalgia
2) X-Ray for left ankle that might be fractured (and I thought it was just sprained)
3) Oncologist because my lymph-node swelling might be cancer or just an infection
4) MRI on right knee since it is hurting from when I got hit by a car and snapped two of the tendons (happened in 1981)
5) Orthopedics for right knee
6) PT for both my right shoulder and possibly ankle

Isn't it interesting how some people can just put up with pain and suffering? This seems to happen with us folks with fibromyalgia. We are so used to pain and suffering that it becomes the norm and who would think that our self-diagnosis could be wrong anyway? We think there is not much help out there for us because there isn't much help for fibromyalgia - yet!

And here I thought I just sprained my ankle (this was in 2004 and it still hurts - what was I thinking?) and I thought there wasn't much to do for my knee, shoulder, fibromyalgia, sleep, ankle not to mention that I have swollen lymph's! I've been falling apart for years and didn't think there was much I could do about any of it!

So, it is high time to turn this whole thing around folks and start believing that there is hope and help!

I'm on a new mission to find health and healing as best I can and to never give up!

I have had the chance to speak to many people in their 70's and above who are spry and they walk with a 'pep in their step' - so why can't I!? It is time to get better as I age instead of walking my mind and health into the pit of 'no one cares and no one can do anything for me'.

Who's with me?!

Anybody out there who wants to take this trek together?...

Life's a changing for the better!!

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. I am up for that Rebecca!I myself, decide to change my health;diet and restore my self mentally.I want to live, I have so many things I want to offer and do in life.
    I know one of the most important fuel for your body is FOOD. And you know how much I love food!

    I'm here for you. You can count on me!I am here to support you because you have been there for me when I needed you the most...

    forever yours,
    h y

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lord, I pray that You would lay Your healing hand on Rebecca. Give the Dr. wisdom in how to help her feel better. I pray that You would give the Dr. wisdom in what she can do to ease her pain with the fibromyalgia, her shoulder, her ankle, her knee and what is going on with her lymph nodes. You know all these things and You know what is best and I ask that that would be revealed to Rebecca and the Dr. I lift her up to You and ask Your blessing on her life.
    In Jesus name, Amen

    ReplyDelete