Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sleep Clinic cont. "I Can Breathe!"

What to wear was a concern for me since I have no pajamas but I pulled together some bright blue sweats, a purple t-shirt and a multi-pastel-colored, super cozy sweater so I must have looked like a jelly bean clown - then to top it off after washing everything someone must have left a tissue in their pocket so my comfy makeshift PJ's were covered with white pieces of tissue. I certainly would not have won any beauty contest.

Thanks to everyone who prayed for me because things went smooth from there. I pulled up to a great parking spot, found my way to the Sleep Center and met Jon right away. Jon is a wonderful Christian man who is excellent at what he does and he made me feel right at home and very informed. The bed was a sleep number bed (my number is 35) and the temp of the room was perfect - very comfortable all around.

Once Jon hooked all of the electrodes to my body (there were about 20 of them) I got to take a look in the mirror and I looked like a drunk jelly-bean clown because my hair was all messed up and I looked like I had just been sleeping in a garbage can with clumps of white glue-gel all over to keep the 'trodes in place. And of course each 'trode had either a black, red or white wire attached so I had wires and straps from head to toe, in my nose, down my pants, attached to my face, chest, head and legs - I looked like a colorful Star Trek Borg.

They asked me if I wanted a sleeping pill and I said, "If you want to see me sleep you'll need to give me a sleeping pill." Well, even with the sleeping pill I was tossing and turning, thrashing around and waking up every time I moved so Jon came in and placed a nose/mouth mask on my face and all of a sudden I could BREATHE!!!

Next thing I knew I was sleeping like a hibernating bear - all sprawled out on my back, arms and legs flung out across the queen bed! What a difference breathing makes!!

Now I have to wait for the results, which I was told can take a couple of weeks because they have to go through hundreds of sheets of data. I say just give me that breathing mask NOW!! I think I will wear it 24/7!! Breathing totally makes you feel like you are full of clean air and lighter or something. I am really looking forward to real sleep finally!

As I left the Sleep Center I said goodbye to Jon and as I shook his hand the way he looked at me made me think that he knew something about me that I'd never know...

Paranoid - only a little,

Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. Hee hee.... Jon will never tell.
    My dear jelly-bean-borg... I'm glad to hear it went well and that results are coming!!!
    Stay close to the ONE who creating your breathing and HE will see you through!!!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathing is a good thing. So is sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! I am glad you were able to breath and sleep! I pray that the results will provide answers and remedies to your problems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo im glad my mom can breath now! (:
    I hope you can get one of those air things. If your not snoring from lack of air and smashing into the wall where my room is maybe ill sleep better too lol. jk... but seriously... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and by the way Mom i was freaking out last night wondering where you were! No one knew! Thought you dyed, got hurt or something. So me and Jeremy prayed for you! (: Good thing you were just trying to get a part on star trek the movie part 2! jeez.

    ReplyDelete