Sunday, April 18, 2010

Miracle Home! and Kitchen Sink?

Did I tell you about my Miracle Home?! Wellllll, my home has been in foreclosure several times since 2004 because my now ex-husband was court ordered to pay the mortgage but refused. I had to take him to court many times and he'd pay the mortgage the week before we had to be in Court. So, the Judge or Commissioner would see that he had already paid the mortgage and then they'd look at me for wasting their time! I'd try to explain the situation but to no avail.

Unfortunately, this happened several more times until 2007 when our divorce was final and our Superior Court Judge ordered my ex-husband to continue to pay the mortgage until I received my disability. Welp, you guessed it - he refused to pay the mortgage. So, I would have to bring him back to court but this time he would not pay the mortgage even though he would be going before our Superior Court Judge! The Judge would tell him he had to pay the mortgage plus a fine - Yikes! Not only did he not pay the mortgage but he also refused to pay any of the fines. Needless to say I was in a pickle with my home.

Thus our mortgage has not been paid since January 2009 and that is why I call it my Miracle Home! Our mortgage company has been extremely gracious to us by allowing us to remain in our home even though no one has made any payments for over a year. Of course I thank God for all of His provisions - He is the provider for all of our needs! Plus, I have many prayer warriors who have seen me through these past six years - thank you all!

Oh yes, our broken kitchen sink has finally been dislodged from our home - boy was it a beast! We are one step closer to having running water in our kitchen again! It will be quite the job because everything is broken at this point and must be replaced.

All in all a good experience for the kids and I.

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment