Monday, April 19, 2010

X-ray, MRIs, CT and PT Update

Went to PT today and the therapist, Laurie, was excellent! Laurie got a hold of all of my results for my X-ray, 3 MRIs and CT scan. There is hope!!! She told me that nothing is fractured or broken and PT will do a lot of good for all of my pains.

Left Ankle:
Laurie also told me that for the past six years I have been re-injuring a sprain in my left ankle - yikes! So, ice and keeping my ankle elevated will help the healing process and we can't do PT on the ankle until it is healed. When I initially hurt my ankle in 2004 I elongated a tendon or two and never gave it time to heal.

Right Side of Neck & Right Shoulder:
My neck was injured in the accident of 2006, which caused a bone to grow on C5 that doesn't belong there and pinches a nerve that radiates pain into my shoulder and down my arm. PT should help but I am not sure if I need surgery to remove the bone that grew.

Right Knee:
My Rt knee has all of the tendons and ligaments, which is a miracle since years ago I had an arthroscopy(sp?) done on my knee and they told me they saw two tendons that had completely broken and atrophied and could never be repaired. Either they were wrong or I got healed! Laurie told me all of my tendons and ligaments are fine. Instead, she told me that it is my knee cap that is grinding because the stuff under my cap (I can't remember the name of it) got stretched when the car hit my shin and snapped my knee. PT should help and I start tomorrow doing PT in the pool!

Swollen Lymph Nodes:
Laurie had nothing to say about my lymph nodes except that they are swollen. I'll have blood work done on the 4th at Oncology in Bremerton.

Good news! Praise God!!

Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lord, I thank You and praise You for Your mighty healing power in Rebecca's life. I pray that You would give her wisdom in whether to have surgery to remove the bone that doesn't belong there and I pray that the physical therapy would help with all the pain she is having. Lay Your healing hand on the rest of her body. I pray that she would know what to do about her lymph nodes to and that You would also do a mighty work there.

    In Jesus name, Amen

    ReplyDelete